Renovations can be daunting at the best of times, let alone having the pressure of first time renovators on television shows such as the Block making it look as though it is a walk in the park. Over the years, we tend to hear the same comments again and again. Our customers can’t seem to get their head around the concept of renovating their bathroom as it always seems much more difficult to choose bathroom tiles than choosing their main floor tile.
The reason is simple – there are so many elements that are required to fit together (let alone complement one another) in such a confined space. So how exactly should you tackle your bathroom renovation? Where do you start looking in this never ending sea of bathroom tiling options?
Well, we have nutted it down to five key factors that you should focus on when choosing bathroom tiles to help you execute the perfect space to compliment your lifestyle.
Be Inspired By Nature
Timber vanities, marble look porcelains, indoor greenery and concrete tiles are all a part of an ever growing trend that convinces us mere mortals that resort style living is not just something we dream of on holiday, but is something we deserve to be surrounded by in our day to day lives.
With so many different materials crafted from the inspiration of nature, there is almost no product that cannot be replicated. By utilising the latest technological advancements available at their disposal, manufacturers from around the world have been able to create bathroom tiles that emulate the tone, texture and size of timber flooring. Polished concrete flooring has also developed a strong following, with customers opting for a tile to re-create the look without the maintenance. To be inspired, why not visit TFO today?
With the trend fast becoming the bigger the better, it comes as no surprise that there are tiles on the market as large as 1.5 x 3 meters long. Depending on the size and shape of your bathroom, there are always ways and means of creating an illusion of space – even when the space is limited. By utilising linear drains in the corner of the room, a tiler can lay large format bathroom tiles on a floor without the need of creating multiple cuts. This is especially useful when dealing with tiles that have a marble pattern as the last thing that you want to do is loose the effect through having to cut the tile down. Our sales team at TFO have been trained in giving you the best advice on these issues.
To create a style that incorporates both luxury and drama, don’t be afraid to play around with 3D, patterned or even textured bathroom tiles. These elements will assist in creating a space that requires minimal styling with additional accessories, but rather emphasises one key element that will become the focal point of the room. Utilising patterned or 3D bathroom tiles, paired alongside a simplistic yet complementary colour palate, will ultimately spell success for any renovator.
Timeless Design Is Key
Unlike soft furnishings, once you have finished your bathroom revamp, it’s highly unlikely that you will decide to renovate again anytime soon. Keeping that in mind, it is suggested that you opt for neutral colour pallets in order to avoid fleeting trends. Think classic colours such as whites, greys, soft browns, creams and charcoals. Even the most basic bathroom tiles can bring out the best in the room by simply integrating unique styling techniques through the way in which they are laid. Some of the most popular artistic patterns utilised during the application process include herringbone, brick bond and chevron to name a few. While some patterns may mean slightly more wastage, our trained staff at TFO can help you with this.
Choose To Contrast Or Compliment
Whatever your design choice, to ensure that it goes off without a hitch, opt to either compliment the surrounding tile choices or alternatively be bold and create a dramatic contrast. Feature walls can help draw attention to one particular area. However, to avoid the room looking too busy – pair the feature with a subtler tile of a similar toning. This will create the consistency you are after without losing the impact of the contrasting wall.
This article is general in nature. Feel free to speak with any of our well trained TFO staff for more tailored advice on making your next renovation a huge success.
LATEST BATHROOM SELECTIONS
Looking for the latest style for your Bathroom Walls and Floors? TFO is now showcasing the latest Bathroom Selections in the newly extended showroom at Smithfield – Full bathroom cubicles displaying the latest styles in beautiful colours, textures and finishes from tiny mosaics to large formats all coordinated with the latest tap wear and designer vanities made in Italy.
Whether your style is Contemporary, Classic, Retro or Industrial you can choose from the many different tiles available, specially elected by designers in combinations to make your choice easy.
- Featured Tiles: 5421 – 300x600mm Elias Antracite Semi Polished Porcelain Tile
- Wall Tiles: 5396 – 300x300mm Seul Coffee Double Loaded Polished Porcelain Tile
- Floor Tiles: 1096 – 300x300mm Bricklane Light Grey Italian Porcelain Tile
- Featured Tiles: 7075- White and Grey Marble and Brushed Aluminum Mosaic Tile (305x305mm)
- Wall Tiles: 5453 – 300x600mm Elias Grey Semi Polished Porcelain Tile
- Floor Tiles: 5805 – 308x308mm Select Cenere Matt Finish Italian Porcelain Tile
- Featured Tiles: 7140- Hexagon White Matt Mosaic Tile (51x59mm)
- Wall Tiles: 5121 – 300x600mm Perla Beige Marble Look Nano Pre-Sealed Polished Polished Porcelain Tile
- Floor Tiles: 5281 – 300x300mm Davos Marengo Matt Glazed Spanish Porcelain Tile
- Featured Tiles: 7081- Herringbone Grainwood Honed Marble Mosaic Tile (290x300mm)
- Wall Tiles: 5583- 300x600mm Carrara Look Glazed Polished Porcelain Floor Tile
- Floor Tiles: 5637- 300x300mm Grey Matt Finish Glazed Porcelain Tile
- Featured Tiles: 7045 – Crystal White Glass Mosaic Tile (20x42x8mm Mosaic Sheet)
- Wall Tiles: 5314 – 300x600mm Style Blanco Glazed Spanish Porcelain Tile
- Floor Tiles: 5717- 300x300mm Petra Sand White Stone Look Porcelain Tile
- Featured Tiles: 7349 – Glass and Sea Shell Strip Mosaic (300x300mm)
- Wall Tiles: 1180 – 300x600mm Ivory Full-Bodied Nano Sealed Polished Porcelain Tile
- Floor Tiles: 1183- 600x600mm Super Super White Polished Porcelain Tile
- Wall Tiles: 4107 – 100x300mm Gloss White Ceramic Wall Tile
- Floor/Feature Tiles: 1638 – 175x175mm Madelaine Beige Hexagon Matt Spanish Floor and Wall Tile
- Wall Tiles: 4113 – 100x300mm Bevelled Edge Gloss White Wall Tile
- Floor Tiles: 5246 – 300x600mm Sandy Concrete Look Lappato Porcelain Tile
- Featured Tiles: 7068 – Travertine French Light Med H and F Opus Mosaic Sheet (305x305mm)
- Wall Tiles: 8301 – 305x305x12mm Standard Light Honed and Filled Travertine Tile
- Floor Tiles: 8301 – 305x305x12mm Standard Light Honed and Filled Travertine Tile
Featured Bathroom Tiles
$4 /m2 Buy Now
150x150mm Matt Ivory Ceramic Wall Tiles (#2052)
Online Only Price$10 /m2 Buy Now
300x600mm White Gloss Rectified Edge Ceramic Wall Tiles (#2079)
$15 /m2 Buy Now
100x300mm Gloss White Ceramic Wall Tiles (#4107)
$16 /m2 Buy Now
300x300mm Calacatta Marble Look Matt Rectified Floor Tiles (#2145)
$16 /m2 Buy Now
300x600mm Calacatta Marble Look Gloss Rectified Wall Tiles (#4114)
$22 /m2 Buy Now
308x308mm Select Crema Matt Finish Italian Porcelain Tiles (#5807)