There has never been a time where environmental sustainability has been as important as it is today. Regardless of the industry, there are strict regulations to minimize the impact on the surrounding environment. The public is also becoming more aware of the impact humans have had over the past decades of fast development. We can all have a part in keeping our environmental foot print to a minimum by being responsible in the choices we make. As never before consumers are asking for environmentally friendly porcelain tiles.
You can show your support in protecting our environment through your choices in life. Yes even in choosing your porcelain floor tiles. How? By using environmentally friendly products. Buy tiles that have LEED certification. LEED stands for Leadership in Energy & Environmental Design. To receive LEED certification, the process of producing a product must satisfy certain prerequisites and also earn points in order to achieve various levels of certification. This includes the way raw materials are selected, how much energy and water is consumed and the final disposal of the product.
What’s Involved In Producing Tiles That Are Worthy Of LEED Certification?
- Reducing the environmental foot print in the extraction of raw materials
- The saving of energy and the use of clean energy
- Use of recycled water in the production process
- Minimizing the release of polluting and harmful elements into the atmosphere
- Informing consumers of the compliance of the product with the relevant standards
- Proactively providing suggestions on the use of a product and its maintenance
- Creating a waste management system which enables differentiated collection of refuse and waste created by the production process
Where To Buy Environmentally Friendly Porcelain Tiles?
Here at TFO, we have a range of tiles that are LEED certified. It includes brands such as Italgraniti and Refin from Italy. Porcelain tiles produced by them display the stunning natural character of stones and timber boards whilst using sustainable methods to produce them. Just image how many trees you save by opting for timber look porcelain tiles instead of actual timber. Porcelain tiles are some of the most durable tiles you can use. They also do not require constant care and treatment as natural timber and stones do.
If you want to be responsible for the environment, choose porcelain tiles that carry LEED certification.
Find below some of the most popular LEED certified products from Italy.